Everything You Need to Know About Enrofloxacin
Enrofloxacin is one of the drugs that will be frequently used for pigs. It has a good therapeutic effect in the treatment of diarrhea and respiratory diseases, but most farmers still don’t know how to enrofloxacin correctly and are lack of knowledge of it, which may lead to unexpected accidents.
So, in this article, we are going to introduce some knowledge about enrofloxacin and the usage of it.
Enrofloxacin Can Prevent And Control Six Diseases
- Bacterial respiratory diseases: infectious pleuropneumonia, Haemophilus parasuis, porcine lung disease, Streptococcus, parasuis and other diseases;
- Digestive tract diseases: colibacillosis (yellow and white diarrhea and edema disease of piglets), Salmonella disease, porcine dysentery, Treponema, Leptospira;
- Genitourinary system: urethritis, cystitis; Sow mastitis endometritis no milk syndrome;
- Skin diseases: exudative dermatitis, necrotizing bacilli, etc;
- Bacterial infection secondary to viral diseases: such as paraswine, streptococcal disease, eperythrozoonosis, etc;
- Various Mycoplasma diseases: porcine asthma, porcine synovial mycoplasma infection and nasal mycoplasma infection.
Clinical Applications of Enrofloxacin
Respiratory and intestinal diseases in pigs
Piglets often have cough and diarrhea after weaning, most of which are caused by haemophilus parasuis and infectious pleuropneumonia. Enrofloxacin has a strong killing effect on these bacteria.
Specific scheme: after weaning, add 1 kg of 10% enrofloxacin per ton of feed for 7 days. If the pig farm has a history of ring or other viruses, it can be used in combination with Astragalus membranaceus, Fuzheng Jiedu powder or Qingwen Baidu powder.
Joint swelling or sepsis caused by streptococcus and haemophilus parasuis
Enrofloxacin injection, amoxicillin + antongdin were injected intramuscularly once a day for 3 days.
Treatment of porcine asthma
1 kg of 10% enrofloxacin and 1 kg of 10% doxycycline hydrochloride can be added to each ton of feed for 7-10 days, and the effect is good.
Prevention of infectious pleuropneumonia and porcine lung disease in finishing pigs
1 kg of 10% enrofloxacin and 1 kg of 10% florfenicol can be added to each ton of feed for 7 days.
Prevention and treatment of sow endometritis
10% enrofloxacin and 10% Daguan lincomycin were added to each ton of feed, 1 kg each. Enrofloxacin was administered intramuscularly at 2.5 mg / kg body weight.
Treatment of exudative dermatitis in pigs
Wash the scabs and exudates of sick pigs with 0.1% potassium permanganate water (warm water) or 3% hydrogen peroxide. After cleaning, apply the mixture of waste engine oil and penicillin once a day for 2-3 times. Intramuscular injection of 10% enrofloxacin injection + ceftiofur for injection, once a day, 2-3 times.
Enrofloxacin combination medication
- In order to avoid the emergence of drug resistance and improve its efficacy, the combination of enrofloxacin and β- Lactam antibiotics (such as amoxicillin and penicillin), aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, amikacin, neomycin, etc.) and tetracyclines (doxycycline and oxytetracycline) have additive or synergistic effects. If enrofloxacin injection is combined with amoxicillin powder injection, its curative effect can be improved and the antibacterial spectrum can be expanded.
- Enrofloxacin + amoxicillin + Fuzheng Jiedu powder mixture administration scheme plays a good role in the prevention and treatment of bacterial diseases secondary to porcine viral diseases.
- 2.5% enrofloxacin injection and 10% kanamycin sulfate injection (15 mg / kg) were used once a day for 3 days, it has a good therapeutic effect on porcine asthma.
Precautions for Enrofloxacin Use
- Enrofloxacin has poor palatability and should not be administered by drinking water. The oral administration to pigs must be coated enrofloxacin, otherwise it will cause waste and pigs will not eat it.
- Avoid single long-term medication. It is suggested to use alternately with other drugs or in combination with other drugs to reduce the generation of drug resistance.
- High dose is prone to side effects. It is forbidden for pigs susceptible to enrofloxacin (especially early piglets). Before intramuscular injection of large groups for young pigs, 1-2 pigs should be given for trial, and the dose should be strictly controlled.
- Enrofloxacin has antagonism with macrocyclic lipid antibiotics and florfenicol
The national animal health products for engineering technology research center, established with the approval of the Ministry of science and technology in January 2011, is the only national engineering technology research center in China's animal health products industry, mainly engaged in the research of animal specific API, high-tech preparations, natural plant drugs, biological products, biological additives, etc. Welcome to contact.